Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Heavy Whipping cream

For my post this week, I really wanted to do some recipes. I have been crazy about Heavy Whipping cream in everything. So I’m going to share some recipes this week that contain heavy whipping cream. So go get a quart of cream, and you will be set for my posts this week.

I’m using some Meadow Gold this week but any kind will do.

My first recipe is easy and maybe you have already done it, if not you are missing out.  It is a simple whipped cream recipe, and it only takes THREE ingredients and five minutes to make.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions:

Chill the clean bowl of a stand mixer and the whisk attachment in the freezer for 10 minutes. (sometimes if I’m in a hurry I just run cold water on the bowl and call it good) Add all of the ingredients to the bowl and whisk on high speed until medium peaks form, about 1 minute. (Alternatively, you can use a hand whisk and a large chilled bowl. Whisk all of the ingredients until medium peaks form, about 2 to 3 minutes.) Serve immediately.

If for some reason you are not making and serving this immediately then change the instructions a little. Only beat till soft peaks form, which is little peaks as you take the beater away but they immediately fall. Then store it in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve it then beat it to medium peaks.

You really don't want it to be stiff, but soft but still holds it shape slightly.

This is heavenly on anything, strawberries (my favorite), pancakes, ice cream, cakes, anything your heart desires. I wont even tell anybody if you eat by it’s self.

Have fun in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment