Friday, February 7, 2014

Guest Post from “Amber May Be…”

Hey Everyone! We would like to introduce you to Amber from Amber May Be….  Her blog is so incredibly cute, full of tons of fun stuff! Hop over and check her out! Today, she is guest posting, sharing an adorable mail organizer she made!

 

DIY Mail Organizer

I don’t know about you, but for me one of the hardest parts about keeping our home organized is taking care of the paper war. At my house that means mail. I wasn’t motivated to organize my mail into a cluttered drawer so I made this cute organizer to help out. I was inspired by a pin that I can’t find for the life of me, but please note that somewhere out there is a creative person with a cute mail organizer that looks a lot like this one ;).

clip_image002

This is a super simple craft. All you need is an old picture frame, some clothespins, scrapbook paper, Elmer's glue, embroidery floss and push pins.

Here are the steps:

1. Push 3 push pins into one side of your frame and two into the other as shown. Stagger the push pins and leave a little space between the head of the pin and the frame, you don’t want them flush with the wood/plastic.

clip_image004

2. Tie the end of your embroidery floss around the top right push pins and then lead across the front of the frame to the top left pin, wrap around, and lead it to the middle right pin where you once again wrap it around the pin, continue this in a zig-zag pattern across the frame until you have reached the last pin, finish it by tying the floss in a simple knot.

3. Now cut your cute paper to the size of your clothespins and glue them on. Let them dry and hang the clothespins on the embroidery floss. If you want you can write on your clothespins or even print onto the paper different categories. I have in, out, and bills on mine.

There you have it! Super simple J Oh, and for a bonus tip, you see all those empty envelopes? Those are the envelopes sent to us by credit card companies and other spammy places. I keep them so I don’t have to purchase envelopes, I might as well get some use out of annoying junk mail.

Thanks and happy mail organizing!

- Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment