Thursday, November 28, 2013

Dollar store wreath!


5
This time of year can get pretty pricy, am I right? But we all want some Christmas cheer surrounding us in our homes! I came up with this traditional wreath idea from our local dollar store. It was easy, fun, and I think it turned out fabulous!
6
Right? So cute! This little baby was a TOTAL of $5! Here is what you will need. And like I said, I found ALL of these “ingredients” at my local dollar store!
2 – Pine wreaths (one alone was a little too skimpy!)
1 – Bunch of berries
1 – Roll of Ribbon
1 – Roll of floral wire
That’s It! I mean it!
The first thing I did flatten out the greenery on one of the wreaths. Then I laid the other on top and wired them together in four spots.
Fluff, fluff, fluff!
Make sure it’s as full and fluffy as you want. Remember, to have a traditional wreath look, you don’t want it to be perfect.
After pulling off the individual berry bunches, I attached them randomly with the floral wire. It’s green, so it’s hidden really well!
Then I attached a ribbon for the top.
That’s really all there is to this little darling! I definitely went for a traditional look here. Change it up if you want! They have cute little packs of mini round ornaments that would be adorable! I am thinking about getting a battery powered candle stick and wiring it to the bottom middle. There will be one of these on each of my from windows. I used to live in Connecticut and that is a big thing out there. (A wreath on each window). So I think I want to start that tradition.
7
Tell me if you do your own and I would even LOVE to see yours!
Happy Christmas all!
Cheers and Love, Mindy!
3
You can contact Mindy and the other crafty ladies by email! We would love to hear what you think about our ideas and yours!                                                                                                                    tangledupwithstringblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment